Wednesday, December 26, 2007

With Conviction

Tell me something new
or old in a different way.
Tell me something real
or if it's fake: with conviction.

I'd rather hear a passionate lie
than the truth in a blur.
I'd rather know a clearer fiction
than my own meshed fate.

Touch me with your voice
and hold me in with your stories.
Touch me and I'll cry
or I'll laugh or scream or tremble.

I want to see your words
written out in scribbled etchings.
I want my god to know me,
but I know he has no reason.

Listen for the bullshit
in the whispers of your leaders.
Listen to a holy man's cry
in the remnants of a scortched earth.

I wish for clarity, but
in dark corners my bones do shake.
I wish for answers when
even my answers question.

Push me back
or over the edge.
Push and push
and I weakly give in.

I seek an understanding
of which no one can replicate.
I seek your taste:
love on the tip of my tongue.

***********************************************

If my words lie it's only because I have something to hide.



"I'd rather see you lie than see me believe the truth." The Miracle Of '86 Just Say When

No comments: