Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Far Enough

We're such a nothing of a start.
We stall before we depart;
we never say anything anyway.

A simple plea
with great solimnity,
I lay down my sword.

Words shatter bones
with syntax and tones
and I now I'm beaten and scarred.

Your prepositions paralyze
and your commas tell lies:
you are a walking ellipsis.

But you're sung and not said,
hummed and not read,
and I tap my feet as you fade.

Defeated today,
I wander far away
like I'll find you if I walk far enough.

******************************************************

It's about having something, taking it for granted, fucking it up, and then missing it when it's gone.








"So tie the noose and raise the cross. The martyr's arrived. A desperate plea for sympathy; it's all you need..." Straylight Run Sympathy For The Martyr

"'Let the blue sky overhead,
The green earth on which ye tread,
All that must eternal be
Witness the solemnity."
P.B. Shelley The Mask Of Anarchy

"I had finally given up on love and romance. If I laid down the sword, I'm giving my innocence..." Miniature Tigers Cannibal Queen

No comments: