Saturday, November 09, 2013

Routine Departure

I heard your voice,
but it was in my head.
It wasn't my choice;
it was, instead,
an involuntary spasm
or temporary lapse.
Longing's in fashion,
so I'm hiding all the maps.

Nestled in the crook
of your neck,
I take a look
and check
that your heart still beats
with mine.
Warm sheets.
Entwine.

A routine departure,
an "adieu" for now,
a small dose of torture:
I'm just not sure how
you always return
or why you don't run
despite what you learn.
What 's this we've begun?

I'll let the senses blend
if you don't let go.
My reality, you bend.
You'll never even know.




*********************************************

"Why does my heart always beat before yours does?" Saves the Day Three Miles Down


"I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass." Counting Crows A Long December

"'Cause every star that I see is brighter than the last so stay with me." Finch Stay With Me


"You are the myth made real this evening." Kevin Devine Matter of Time

No comments: