Monday, June 13, 2016

Rewind

Never had I crossed a line
nor claimed to have a sturdy spine.
I misread every single sign
until our limbs had intertwined.
I closed my eyes and I was fine
and only knew your lips on mine.
The pills, the beer, the cheap red wine:
fatal mistakes made by design.
A song on repeat in my mind
you sang to me in almost-rhyme. 
Dancing atoms, now combined,
space and time left undefined,
I'm staying here - leave me behind -
I am a dream you can't rewind.

*********************************************************





"I'm drunk, I'm drunk and you're probably on pills. If we've both got the same diseases, it's irrelevant, girl." Frightened Rabbit Keep Yourself Warm

" I'm another day late and one year older. It's failure by design." Brand New Failure by Design

No comments: