Friday, November 24, 2006

Say Nothing

I tuck this anger
beneath the tongue
that I bite so deeply
I can taste the blood
spill down my throat.

I fold my words up
in tightly sealed lungs
because they can't be spoken
for fear of remembering,
for fear of offending.

I lock my thoughts
between clenched teeth
until my gums hurt
so that I say nothing at all
and nothing I'll regret.

For all of this,
I just want to forget
and let go of all of it
so my tears will drop,
so these voices stop.

***************************************************

No, chances are, I don't want to talk to you about it.



"I try to will myself away while shouting habits plead their case, but when the sun shears through my eyes, my beggar’s brain can’t compromise. I splash cold water. I draw the curtains. I stay inside." - Kevin Devine You'll Only End Up Joining Them

No comments: