Friday, January 26, 2007

Limb

These words, for my eyes alone,
hide for fear of offending,
folded inside my notebook,
safely tucked between the lines.

My tears shed in the darkness
and drip down to my bed sheets.
Some nights I wish I would drown,
sink inside a salty sea.

If you looked me in the eyes
would you be able to tell
that this is where you belong,
where seasons change...as they should.

I can't forget, thought I try,
so I just force you away.
With this limb of mine severed,
my whole world is limping.

************************************

^ First of two poems written in Causes of War today...though this was started on Tuesday. ^

This poem is a mess and I'm aware of that. I don't like it much, but it gets my foot back in the door. It's too cliche in some areas while being too annoyingly cryptic in others. I'm out of practice and - hopefully - that will be fixed soon. Actually, keep your eyes out for some short stories. I'm more in that kind of mood, but poetry is easier to write in the margins of your notebook during class. ;)


"1-2-3-4-5-6-7a.m. All alone again, but I've been through all this shit before. Spend my nights in self defense, crying about my innocence, but I ain't all that innocent anymore" Counting Crows I'm Not Sleeping

No comments: