Sunday, January 21, 2007

Not Today

My year old ghost still lingers just behind.
He creeps around in the back of my mind.
And I can't tell if he'll kill or be kind.
But I'll search for answers no one can find.

That light cuts through my blinds and hurts my eyes.
With much unwillingness I'm forced to rise.
So, I leave my dreamland full of white lies.
Left in a daze, hoping he'll realize.

My consciousness denies reality.
Some days those sunny skies are hard to see.
And in this dark fog, the birds can't fly free.
Like I'm stuck inside some silent movie.

Words are trapped behind an ivory wall.
And they can't hear my weary, tired call.
Two brains entangled in a heated brawl.
But today, I promise, my will won't fall.

**************************************************

^ Written last semester in NJ Politics.^

This poem isn't great, but as I cleaned out my notebooks in preparation for the new semester, I found it and since it was pretty much done I thought I'd post it. I haven't been feeling too creative recently. I feel like I'm just feeling the same things over and over and not really resolving any of it. All my writing is boring. I apologize.



"You'd be surprised how much I think about you these days. I think of you." - The Movielife Racer

No comments: