Friday, March 02, 2007

Someplace

I want to take a train
or a walk in the rain.
I want to see you smile
and dance around for a while.

The air here is stale
so it's time for me to bail.
Come find me in a city street,
in the soul soothing heat.

Time to replace my modern day
with someplace far away.
My windows are rolled down,
ready to leave this town.

I want to hear that song,
that one that's really long.
It's always in my head,
waking me when I'm dead.

I see a sunset in the distance
speaking in the future tense.
My actions are not my blame,
for it's calling my name.

*******************************************

^ Partially written on my way home and then finished at home. ^

I guess I'm feeling restless and I'm looking forward to traveling and being on break. I want to take a trip or just a long drive and I'm getting antsy. Spring break = Buffalo, Kevin Devine, and Brand New...does it get any better? The answer is no.

Thankfully, I have come into the good fortune of being introduced to some new music. My darling friend, Katherine, has sent me a Jennifer O'Connor and a Koufax CD, the latter of which I have not had the time to listen to yet, but the former is really good. I have also had the good fortune of being given Pedro The Lion's "It's Hard To Find A Friend," which has gotten several listens. Lastly, my friend Carl made me a mix of protest songs, which I will hopefully have time to listen to thing weekend! Many thanks to them all. So, at least I have tunes to get me through this last monotonous week of school before break!

In other news, I think I'm sick and my tooth hurts. Not feeling great, overall. Run down. Sad. Lonely. Boo.

Seeing Pablo and Straylight in Allentown on Wednesday will surely cheer me up.

Bill Maher is on soon...I think I need to get ready for that.



"Ride as fast as you can. They're shooting to kill." - Pedro The Lion Suspect Fled The Scene

No comments: