Friday, September 14, 2007

Defiance

If you think you've got the time
then I think I've got the patience,
but I'm running out of steam:
it's not fatigue; this is defiance.

If you want me you can have me,
just kindly ignore all of the scars
I see my sanity is fleeing
and you're watching from afar.

If this pen and page are not enough,
then it's metal's chill and adrenaline.
And if it's not a peaceful night,
it's: "How did this happen?"

If I can breathe in one more breath
and take another big step back,
I can remember why it's worth it
and I can see all that I lack.

***************************************************

^ Partially written en route to Oneonta and then completed in class. ^

Yep, classes have started. I'm over it.

I've been sick, though I'm not sure it's actually sickness. I can't quite figure it out. Most of the time it seems to be triggered by anxiety, but not all the time. I'll be fine and then I'll suddenly feel like I'm going to throw up. Because of this, it hasn't been a very pleasent couple of weeks.

I have reading to do and then errands to run.


"Is this the way a toy feels when its batteries run dry?" Brand New Guernica

No comments: