Sunday, January 06, 2008

Elephant

Ignoring the elephant
who's sleeping in my bed.
I tell him that I can't,
but his voice sticks in my head.

Can you see it spelled out?
It's in ink and in skin.
I don't know what it's about,
but it calls from within.

It doesn't have to make sense;
in fact it rarely does.
Then it disappears in a glance;
it's not there and never was.

I hate the rhythm
and the heart I hear beat.
So sick I could kill them
all with passion and heat.

And I don't know how to tell you,
how to say it all out loud.
So, I hide my face from view
just to dodge the cloud.

I can survive if I cover
my ears and my eyes.
No time for vague metaphors
or half-hearted rhymes.

******************************************

Still on hiatus.


"I can be your best friend and you can be the elephant." - The Miracle Of '86 G-Song

No comments: