Monday, September 15, 2008

Shoe Laces

Heart bleeds,
skips a beat,
whispers lies
and takes bribes.

You're much too far away
and I can't think quiet enough to pray.
I miss the words you wrote
and the song from your throat.

But it's your hand on my back,
that warmth I now lack,
the keeps me awake at night,
that keeps you within sight.

I'm not in the business of interpretation
and to try would be a great sin
and just because I miss your eyes,
doesn't mean I'm paralyzed.

So, tell me something meaningful:
words that wake the idle
and bring me back to you
where my vision's always glued

to soft faces
and shoe laces
and smiles that bite through
even the thickest fog and dew.

****************************************

It's about the little things we notice about people that make us miss them the most.





"So let my hands stray past that boundaries of your back to get you breathing and get this started..." Brand New Logan To Government Center

1 comment:

King said...

Really nice piece of work :)