Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Real Thing

I don't want to say it anymore.
If that's important; I'm not sure.
I hit a nerve and found Truth:
a revelation quite uncouth.
Drug out from a fog,
like a cat by a dog,
kicking and screaming
tricking and scheming,
her haven invaded,
she was easily persuaded.
She told your story,
in all its glory.
Suspicions confirmed,
you squeal and squirm.
There's no use for discussions
or their pointless repercussions
because your face says it all
while your mouth only stalls.
In this light
I might
swallow a bottle.

I was the model.

I was the shepherd
before my vision blurred.

I was the real thing
and now I'm just the rain king.

**************************************************

I went all of July without a post; I was not gonna go all of August.

This is a little bit unfinished, I think, but I couldn't pull myself apart enough to get it any closer. It's about Truth and whose side she's really on. It's about what happens when you just choose to believe what you've been told or what you want to believe until Truth actually reveals herself (or is pulled out), sort of the self-decay you initiate, sort of the opposite of "ignorance is bliss." I think it's also about realizing that things aren't black and white and words twist and it's easy to manipulate and be manipulated even as a relatively sensible and smart person (so imagine how it is for us crazies). Even in the realm of what things literally ARE and ARE NOT, there's still a spectrum of ways of conveying it.

This was tough to write and I don't know if it's any good. I'm not usually an "a-a, b-b, c-c, d-d, etc." kind of "poet," but that's just how it started to shape up and I figured I'd run with it. I don't know if there's any impact.












"Don't try to bleed me; I've been here before and I deserve a little more. I belong in the service of the queen. I belong anywhere but in between. She's been dying and I've been drinking. And I am the Rain King." Counting Crows Rain King

"Pull me out from inside. I am ready. I am ready. I am ready. I am...fine. I am.... fine. I am fine. Counting Crows Colorblind

No comments: