Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Burn

Long, late nights
and playful bites,
the cheerful smiles
over so many miles
are barely memories yet,
but I want to forget.
You ruined so many
songs for me.
Songs I used to love.
(Songs we used to love.)
They're just nails on a chalk
board anymore and I can't talk
or think or feel right,
a piercing through my temples every night.
I've done my fair share of my unfair shit.
That doesn't mean you'll get away with it.
Undeserved second chances
and false-start to stop romances:
mistakes from which one day I'll learn.
For now, I want to see you burn.

***************************************




"My baby shot me on a mountain top. I get my kicks - yeah - from the bottoms up. And all of these people saying they've had enough, well I don't think that you'd understand. I've done my fair share of my unfair shit. That doesn't mean you'll get away with this. I hid your name upon the quilt I knit; still, I don't think that you'd understand." - River City Extension Holy Cross

"There's a hole in the ceiling down through which I fell. There's a girl in a basement coming out of her shell. And there are people who will say that they knew me so well. I may not go to heaven; I hope you go to hell..." Counting Crows St. Robinson And His Cadillac Dream [I know I just used this recently, but the sentiment still stands.]

"And it's not what were owed, but it’s what we’ve earned, and it's closer than we realized that it's time now, to burn." Kevin Devine Time To Burn (Another Bag Of Bones"

No comments: