Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pinned

It's the same story
and the same signs
with the same endings
and the same bullshit lines.
I will never speak
your name again.
I thought you were softer
than you were then.
I took your photo
down today.
I said my goodbyes
in my own way.
Sick to my stomach
from the wonder and worry,
but none of it matters
inside of this fury.
Permanence is myth.
I'm always just a phase;
I'm always just an option
and no one even stays.
I'm pinned against the wall
with your hands around my neck
and I'm growing old and cold.
I am your walking wreck.

******************************







"These sour grapes when the joke goes bad, this same smirk, same bullshit laugh, the egg on my face when I can't go back. I didn't plan for that." Kevin Devine 11/17/10

"I am bottled, fizzy water and you are shaking me up. You are a fingernail, running down the chalkboard I thought I left in third grade. Now my only, consolation, is that this could not last forever even though you're singing and thinking how well you've got it made." Incubus Just A Phase

No comments: