Friday, June 26, 2015

No Other Dream

Behind locked eye lids,
I see myself revealed:
a whimsical winter
spent in amiable arms,
a faceless friend
whose fingers flatter.

A valorous visage
comes into view.
I trace a shy smile
with my own lips
and know the language
my own heart speaks.

I've fallen in love
with fantasies before:
the promises on their lips,
the safety in their arms,
their bright, shining armor,
and their sea green eyes.

I want no other dream,
no other swirling specter,
no other eyes in bloom.
If I hear my name
roll off your tongue,
I swear, I'll never wake.


*************************************************




"Just say you’re mine and the fog would lift ‘cause the only thing that’s missing now is everything. You’re the only way I make it through the night." Copeland Chiromancer

No comments: