Friday, June 12, 2015

Your Air

The winter wind whispered your name
and told me you were Home.
I thought it a suspicious claim,
and wanted to be shown. 
And so, a nomad, I became,
around the world I'd roam,
to hear a heart beating the same,
blood red as my own.

I swam across a salty sea
to see if you were there.
Somehow you had heard my private plea
and shared in my despair.
Your hands were warm when they touched me,
my flesh so soft and fair
and suddenly I felt I'm free,
just breathing in your air.

Nothing is forbidden here;
that's only what they told you.
But in my eyes, you see no fear
and know that I am true.
The sky above is wide and clear,
so we dance in its blue
and Home is only when you're near,
where I rest my head too.


*********************************************





"You’re my wanderer, little wanderer, off across the sea. You’re my wanderer, little wanderer, won’t you wander back to me...back to me." Death Cab for Cutie Little Wanderer

"But everyday you wake up and you're looking for the door. It's funny how some days you see things you never saw before, on the road, when you're home away from home. Always thought you'd never end up there...no." Limbeck Home is Where the Van Is

No comments: