Saturday, August 06, 2011

Peace of Heart

All I want’s a little peace
in my heart and in my head.
I want the chaos to cease
with the words that I’ve said.
Close the book on this chapter,
lay the past to bed:
I just want the quiet
and the calm instead.
When my voice stops shaking
and my words have all been read
you’ll feel your own hollow;
you’ll know your own dread.
But my blood is hot
and it spills red
and my soul is hungry
to be fed
and you’ll be left behind
while I look ahead.

*******************************

2am poetry. [I spoke bad poetry.]







"Don't kill yourself to raise the dead. It never works. You'll only end up joining them." Kevin Devine You'll Only End Up Joining Them

"I sit home and drink alone and hope that bottle speaks, like you, like us, like me..." Manchester Orchestra Deer

"And I know that it's dangerous to judge, but man you've got to find the truth and when you find that truth don't budge until the truth you found begins to change...and it does, I know, I know." David Bazan People

No comments: