Thursday, August 18, 2011

170811

I hate you
though I said I wouldn't.
I love you,
though it does no good.
Behind my eyes,
I can still see
how you had me
fooled all along.
Along with my dreams,
you were shuffled
up
and exaggerated
and told
and retold
like a fable
like a fairy tale
in chapter and verse,
but now my tone is terse.
I wish it
in reverse.
I don't sleep
for the secrets I keep.
I can't breathe anymore.
You lied and took and tore.
You exist while I
am still sore.
I plead, but
you ignore.
And the crimson blob
found on my floor:
it's just my heart,
it's just my core.
I ripped it out,
consequence to you.
It's worthless now,
like me to you.

****************************








"Well, I dreamt I saw you walking up a hillside in the snow, casting shadows on the winter sky as you stood there counting crows: one for sorrow, two for joy, three for girls and four for boys, five for silver, six for gold, seven for a secret never to be told." Counting Crows A Murder of One

"It's not right. It's not fair. I'm still a mess and you still don't care." Fountains of Wayne Little Red Light

"I don't care so gouge my eyes. I'll spend the rest of my entire life blind. Consequence to you." Manchester Orchestra April Fool

No comments: