Sunday, August 07, 2011

Later’s Laments

The liquor makes your eyelids limp
like your leg when it’s asleep,
but you like the way it dulls
all the madness to a peep -
between your ears -
this talks is cheap.

Prolific when you aren’t bleeding
and fucking genius when you are
like the mark of ingenuity
is in each and every scar.
I’ll meet you underneath the sky
or find you by the bar.

But we’re parallel
and scared as hell
and I can’t think
or touch or tell.
I only know,
somewhere, we fell.

So, Later’s laments
are Today’s regrets
and you’re nestled with your paperbacks
and your homemade mix cassettes
wondering how long you’ve got
‘til you’ve paid off all your debts.

*****************************



"I caught you nesting with your analogs, glassy eyes from kissing poison frogs, becoming infinite against his couch..." Bad Books You're A Mirror I Cannot Avoid

"The rap is scattered. It hides its ingenuity. I gave it this little part to give it continuity..." Bo Burnham Bo Fo' Sho...lol.

No comments: