Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Out of Light

You don't think it's like me,
but I don't think you know me
well enough to make that call
or maybe even not at all
anymore.
I'm down on the floor.
Let me take a hit.
You think I won't like it,
but I think you just don't want me to.
I wish I knew which lines were true.
Now, poetry is distance
with a mean side of persistence,
but I still place you far above.
What a careless love.
The sound of your voice,
you've kept hidden by choice,
is a promise never kept,
just a dreams as I've slept.
And I don't believe you're trying
and it's fucking terrifying.
So, I'm floating out of sight,
out of mind, out of light.


****************************************************

Just kinda thinking about stars exploding. They get really bright in our skies and then fade and, eventually, their light fades and goes out entirely. And their light actually went out long before we got that message here on Earth.



"Careless love, quit pouring honey in my ears. You're speaking diamonds crystal clear. So far away; I want you near." City and Colour Wasted Love

"As I stand at the dusty train station, foreign waters keep us apart. No you can't come in right now. It's far too quiet." Fatherson Foreign Waters

"I hold my hands close to my chest." Fatherson Lights

No comments: