Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Squeezes

You're the hand the plunges
deep inside my chest,
wraps fingers 'round my heart,
squeezes.
We share this blood
through waves in time,
so if you cut a vein,
you bleed me dry.
Try, as I might
to breathe on my own,
I can't fill my lungs,
no, not all alone.
My voice is prone
to crack and choke,
but I'll make my point
in the songs that you sing.
Yes, I'll say my piece
and let the noise cease.



******************************************

"Oh, I dream to heal your wounds, but I bleed myself." Sunny Day Real Estate In Circles

"You are the smell before rain; you are the blood in my veins" Brand New The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot

"My lungs are fresh and yours to keep, kept clean and they will let you breathe." Brand New Play Crack the Sky

"And I'm choking right along with the words in my throat. I'm falling back in love with the letter you wrote. And I think that I was wrong, but I guess I don't know. I figure that I'll wait until you tell me so." Kevin Devine The Longer That I'm Out Here

No comments: