Sunday, September 03, 2006

Tally

tell me i'm pretty
and that love should not be feared.
tell me you're gentle
and different from the rest.

make me up with paint and lace,
but ignore the old blemishes you cover.
make me strong and sturdy,
but when i collapse just leave me.

stop strangling my words
and cutting off my breath.
stop pointing that judgmental finger
and let me do my best.

let's tally up our scars,
but forget the reasons for their creation.
let's batten down our happiness,
but leave the doors unlocked.

let's play.
let's play.


************************************************

^ i finally finished this shitty poem. ^


home from the shore. classes start in a few days. i really adore kevin devine and brand new. i'm sick so i'm going to go to bed now.

let's go mets!


"i'm racing towards the one mistake that locks me in my place, a judgment call that justifies the smirk stuck on my face, a crooked life scared straight and stiff by the last wrong turn i'll take. but i'm not there yet, so come purr my pet. let's play, let's play..." kevin devine just stay

No comments: