Thursday, March 12, 2015

When I Arrive

In the words that you said,
there were lines that I wrote;
if I can't sleep in your bed
may I pass you this note?
You're my captain who led,
but won't leave his sinking boat.
I'm in over my head, 
but you're keeping my afloat.

And this is our fable
or whimsical tale
in which we're both able
to patch up our sails.
Toss me that cable
and hear the winds wail,
but keep your heart stable 
and leave me a trail.

The waves will drag me under,
but you'll lift me toward the clouds.
We'll beat the roaring thunder
whose laughter is so loud.
The seas pull us asunder, 
but we made ourselves a vow
that any slip or blunder,
we will suffer poised and proud.

But then the skies are blue once more
and we are still alive.
Yours is the hand I'm breathing for,
whose passion makes me thrive
and I'm the one to whom you swore
you'd do more than just survive.
So, here it is: end to our lore
and you're my home when I arrive.

*****************************************************




No comments: