Saturday, March 07, 2015

Quiet Romance

I dreamed us in
a silent movie.
I touched your skin;
I felt you truly.
A simpler stage
in black and white,
let’s turn this page.
There’s nothing quite
like what you said
inside our score.
The words you read,
you wanted more.
You take my hand:
a brilliant dance.
This wasn’t planned,
quiet romance.
The white moon rises
revealing sins,
showing disguises,
pulling our strings,
but this song plays on
as you hold me near.
Until the dawn,
hold tight, my dear.

****************************





"I have become a silent movie. The hero killed the clown. Can't make a sound, Can't make a sound. Can't make a sound.” Elliott Smith Can’t Make a Sound

“So, this is strange. Our sidestepping has come to be a brilliant dance where nobody leads at all...where nobody leads at all.” Dashboard Confessional The Brilliant Dance

No comments: