Saturday, March 07, 2015

Stop the Clock

My head is on fire.
We're walking on a wire.
Look down and you'll fall,
but it's entirely your call.
Stick me back on your shelf.
I know I'm not myself
and I think that the moon lies.
She can see into your eyes.
Your voice sounds the same
as it breathes through my flames
and I think I should be bigger,
but your finger's on my trigger.
Fuck the fault lines and the fences
and all of your past tenses;
figure future in a wine glass;
pile up mistakes en masse
because nothing else feels quite like this
and now I need to taste your kiss.
So, stop the clock,
the tick and the tock,
and tell me one more time
how you just want to be mine.

***************************************



"She walks along the edge of where the ocean meets the land just like she's walking on a wire in the circus." Counting Crows 'Round Here

"And I guess I could be bigger, but I'd rather make you pay." - Pedro the Lion Rehearsal

"I'm looking at you through a wine glass. I'm watching the light play games with your face. I'm tracing your mouth with my fingers. I'm trying to pick up your taste. And will you dance for me?" Kevin Devine Fingerprints And Photographs

No comments: