Monday, March 02, 2015

Safe from the Sound

There are things that I 
should say to you
that you should never 
have to know.

They could slip out
in my sleep
and slither into
your subconscious.
They could crawl inside
your beating heart
and wrap it up
warm and tight.
They could offer hands
you'll never hold.
They could tell you truths
best left untold.

So, I'll bite my tongue 
or choke on my breath
to keep your ears
safe from the sound.

****************************************





"Don't, don't, don't, don't, don’t, don't say you don't love me. My beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beating heart could stop. This hemisphere in your company for forever or for now.” Maritime Don’t Say You Don't

"You're just holding my hand if I hold you.” Good Old War Looking for Shelter

"I fear the sound and the silence that we've found.” Hot Rod Circuit Fear the Sound

No comments: