Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I Dream Soft Skin

The sky is pink;
the moon is new
and, if I blink,
I'm missing you.
I'm breathing out
the doubt I carry:
a careful shout,
a body buried. 
The stars align
and tell their tales
as I opine
beneath their trails.
They've witnesses love
with their own eyes
from high above:
not new or wise.
I dream soft skin,
a heart that dances.
Where to begin -
such rare romances? 

*****************************************




"Can't you see me? Come on color me in. Come on color me in. Give me your blue rain. Give me your black sky. Give me your green eyes. Come on, give me your white skin. Come on, give me your white skin. Come on, give me your white skin." Counting Crows Have You Seen Me Lately?








Pink Sky over New Jersey (Monday, July 27, 2015)

No comments: