Monday, July 06, 2015

The Thread

Wrap me up tightly
and keep me all your own.
I'm depressed, only slightly,
from waiting all alone.
I am what you can't see, 
that which is never known 
but I'll smile politely  
in case I'm ever shown. 

Between the lines you read 
was a subtle, shifting view: 
the life you thought you led, 
a heart pounding anew. 
The moon shines overhead 
and sings a lovely tune, 
but I have lost the thread 
that leads me home to you.


****************************************************************








"I'll give you my heart, if you can keep the door open. I lost the thread of the story that I was telling." Rocky Votolato Sawdust and Shavings

"But if you'll be my bluebird returning then I'll be your evergreen, standing tall on your horizon, guiding you home to me." Death Cab for Cutie Little Wanderer

"Follow the signs right back to you (back to you, back to you). I know they wind right back to you (back to you)." Twin Forks Back to You

No comments: