Wednesday, July 08, 2015

I Thought the Moon was Out

I thought the moon was out,
so I called it by your name
and never did I have a doubt
that you would do the same.

But, in fact, it was a street light
merely mocking at my longing,
laughing with a searing bite
at my attempted fawning.

I just wanted you to see me,
for you to feel my flesh,
but through this fog you cannot see
and I am such a mess.

So, I tossed and turned around my bed
and hid beneath my sheets.
I'd wrap myself in you instead
if only I could reach.

*************************************************






"I think I know a guy in Roswell. We'll hitch a moon ride, steal you back your face." Bad Books Mesa, AZ

"There ain't no moon tonight. It's hard for me to see. But if I can catch a glimpse of you, it helps me feel at ease; it helps me sleep." Radical Face The Moon is Down

No comments: