Thursday, September 29, 2011

All Over Again

You appeared in the fog
as if you'd been there all along
whispering the same old sweet-nothings,
singing the same old sad songs.
We said we'd have a drink
every now and then,
but we've missed the summer
all over again.
Now the leaves are changing
and so are the times
and I wish I had something more
than these wretched rhymes
to keep of you in my hands,
but there's nothing there.
I'd call out your name.
All I'd get is a stare.
Ice cold eyes
cut like glass
and silence speaks;
it doesn't pass.
Over, in another state,
in another time or another place,
you remember a sound;
you remember a face.
You remember how warm
you used to feel
when that emptiness in your stomach
wasn't real.

**********************************

It's about how I hope some part of you will eventually regret it.







"It's burning up in here even though the bed is cold on your side. I'd rather die then spend this night here without you." New Found Glory It's Been A Summer

"I'm wasting away. I find time to pine when pining away my time. Within sin. With no redemption. We will find our souls and the shells they're kept in. All wasted away." Glassjaw Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence

No comments: