Monday, September 05, 2011

Company

You're just another boy
who ruined another girl
and if I were better
I'd also be bigger,
but I want to watch you burn
and I want to know
you'll never sleep
sound.
Bound
and gagged
by time and circumstance -
a sinister dance -
we rolled our dice;
we took our chance.
I'd still stand by your side
every day if you’d let me.
But writing your own tragedy
doesn't make you a hero
and perpetuating your own misery
doesn't mean I'll keep you company.

**************************************

It feels weird posting a poem from home.

Hope everyone had a relaxing Labor Day! Have you hugged your Union rep today?










“And I guess I could be bigger, but I'd rather make you pay...” Pedro The Lion Rehearsal

“It's hard to be the better man when you forget you're trying; it's hard to be the better man when you're still lying...” Brand New Handcuffs

“And I've known trouble all my life and I'm sick of asking why; it's like screaming at a set of dice...” Kevin Devine Trouble

“A laundry list of problems doesn't make you interesting and never getting help doesn't make you brave. Not listening to reason doesn't mean that you have faith. Your just cutting off your nose to spite your face...” Straylight Run Sympathy For The Martyr

No comments: