Monday, September 26, 2011

Bleeding Art

Some days I don't know my own name
and I wonder if you ever feel the same.
On you I will place all the blame
for a sickness you never tried to tame.
Did it tie you up, tape your mouth shut?
Push you down and punch you in the gut?
Or did it just give you a reason to cut
and run and stay in your self-made rut?
Because it came out from your heart
and it pulled me apart.
It lied to me from the very start,
but I turned it into my own bleeding art.
You are in all my colors and all my words.
You're in the fish and in the birds.
You're in all the sentences I overheard
and in ever picture my tears blurred.
So, when you look in the mirror, you should see my face.
My visage should make your heart race.
I should be embedded in that space
in the back of your mind that you just can't erase.

**************************************

This is about other people's mistakes that wind up only hurting you and all you can do is write angry poetry about it.

I'm not generally a vengeful person, but when you screw me over twice it's tough not to hate you. I'm a sucker, though, so I'll probably always be here for you when you want me. You should really just want me more.







"She don't even know my name. She won't even look my way..." Ultimate Fakebook She Don't Even Know My Name

"Oh great, here I go again I'm stuck in this rut..." (Really, this entire song. All the time.) Saves The Day Three Miles Down

"Stay hydrated from from a double shot, get my nourishment from a punch in the gut, never really felt I had the best of luck. I gotta big big mouth that just won't shut up." Middle Brother Middle Brother

"You were the moon held high. You broke black with your clean light. You're words I can't say right anytime I try." Kevin Devine 11.17

No comments: