Monday, September 19, 2011

Understood

I can’t reach out
and touch you.
Then again,
I guess I never could.
I saw us once
in a room with a view,
our intentions mislead,
but not misunderstood.
If you’d just love me,
I’d swear to love you too.
I wouldn’t throw that term around.
No one ever should.
The shadows you cast
are far between and few,
but my memory is, 
to a fault, pretty good.

I see you in the moon
that shines bright overhead
and in the stars;
so I pray for rain
and I almost feel you
here in this bed,
but I know it's just
a trick of my brain.
Come find me when
you feel yourself fed
up with your choices
and your perfect pain.
Let a good one go,
know the dread,
know you lost
and there’s nothing to gain.

***************************************


The sky was totally clear Saturday night when I came home.

I'll probably regret posting this one at some point. I feel like it's really only partially developed, but I don't want to get to a point in my head where I can completely develop it, so I think I'm just going to let this one go. There's a lot going on here.

I still look up at the sky and wonder if you're seeing what I'm seeing...and wondering if you're wondering if I'm seeing what you're seeing. I need to stop it. At least the second part of that.







"My heart is gone. It drove to the shore, swam out in the night, way out past the lines. I heard that now it lives in the south of West Central Spain, drinking off the pain..." Saves The Day Daybreak

"I turned you into a conversation piece and the things you take for granted turn out to be the things that you need..." Kevin Devine Letting A Good One Go

"I’m at peace, sainted and waiting, for my perfect pain to speak for me again." Kevin Devine Awake In The Dirt

No comments: