Thursday, September 01, 2011

Such Perfect Form

I haven't felt right
for a long time.
I keep thinking someday
the sun's gonna shine.
I need a grown up.
I need a man.
I need a path 
and I need a plan.
I need a blue eyed boy
to take me on a date
to a bluegrass club
in a blue-hearted state.
I need to wash away
the face I see 
when my eyes are closed.
You came like a ghost.
Raise my glass
for a toast.
I gave you the most
you could ever hope to behold.
I stuck up for a friend.
Nothing much to defend.
Story's over: that's the end.
Only I couldn't find my pen.
Oops.
I'm bleeding again.
And the drops curve
in such perfect form.
It's all that helps
to keep me warm.
The rum hits the back 
of my thorny throat
and suddenly I see words 
I didn't know I wrote.

*********************************

I was drunk when I wrote most of this. But, seriously, someone take me on a date to a bluegrass club. Do they have those in the Northeast? There's gotta be some in NYC. The bigger challenge is finding someone to take me on a date.

Womp womp.








"Haven't had a dream in a long time. See, the life I've had can make a good man bad..." The Smiths Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want

"Get back here 'cause, baby, these blue eyes are never as bright without you..." I Am The Avalanche Green Eyes

"You've become a ghost. You're floating somewhere in between the waking world and a landscape of dreams..." Saves The Day As Your Ghost Takes Flight

"I was sticking up for my friend and there's nothing much to defend. It's a lost fight. It's a lost fight..." Heatmiser Not Half Right

"The poison make its way through my body slowly into the pleasure centers of my brain..." Pedro The Lion The Poison

1 comment:

Mr. Mcgranor said...

Let's correspond...