Friday, April 10, 2015

I'll Sing Along

You found me bleeding
and sprawled on the ground.
You heard me weeping
and hated the sound.
I'd been in a brawl
between head and heart
and I'd lost it all,
wasn't very smart.
You patched me up right
and kissed my forehead.
I held your hand tight.
I won't be mislead.
I was lost in my gloom,
but you are my map.
My eyes are in bloom
and now I'm on track.
So, please stay right here
and sing out your song;
always keep me near
and I'll sing along.

********************************************


Love Makes Pupils Dilate

"And I got a car loaded up with gas and parked right outside. I got a city map and a mission in my mind. I just need someone ridin' with me, a brother to my right to keep me company in that big ol' car outside." Kevin Devine Yr Damned Ol' Dad

"Can we try to be here just for a while?" Good Old War Looking for Shelter

"I will whisper a song in your ear, oh, the things you've been missing, my dear. If you remember the tune, it's all I can do. Just remember I wrote it for you." Sherwood The Simple Life

No comments: