Friday, April 10, 2015

Steady

Safe in your eyes,
but alone in my bed,
I watch the sun rise.
Your song's in my head.
Do you search for my hand
like I reach out for yours?
It's more than I planned,
found you up in the stars. 

Cold pillows, cold sheets,
cold toes, and cold fingers,
my brain feels obsolete
while - my heart - she still lingers.
She's pounding off beat
'til yours comes to steady.
Until the two meet,
she'll never be ready. 

So, I wish I had told you
when I had my shot
just how much I love you
because it's a lot


***********************************



"Midnight on a beach on the Mediterranean and I miss you. Even here, taking it all in. The sand, silvered, carries the moon on its shoulders. Is it possible to put this night to tune and move it to you?" Minus the Bear Pachuca Sunrise

"Why does my heart always beat before yours does?" Saves the Day Three Miles Down

No comments: