Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Passion and Peace

I feel your breath
on the back of my neck
and your arms form
familiar, fleshy sheets.
I wonder if we
could stay right here 
forever.
The smell of rain
wafts through 
our window's screen
and floats into 
our atmosphere.
The clouds 
outside
are heavy 
and dark.
They cry out 
for passion and peace.
As their tears
fall upon cement,
the only music 
I hear
is their pitter 
and their patter
and the pounding
of your heart.

***************************************






"Well, Amy hit the atmosphere, caught herself a rocket ride out of this gutter. And she's never coming back, I fear. Anytime it rains, she just feels a lot better and that's all that really matters to me." Counting Crows Amy Hit the Atmosphere 

"You are the smell before rain; you are the blood in my veins." Brand New The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot

No comments: