Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Burn

Who stole your smile?
I never got to see.
I've looked for a while,
but you hide it from me.
A heavy cloud follows.
You've told me - I know.
It carves you out, hollow.
It already shows.
I'd hold your hand tight
if only I could reach,
but try as I might,
this distance, I can't breach.
The shadow engulfs you
until you are lost,
but I'll shine my light through
until our paths cross;
I'll call out your name
'til I hear mine in return.
My storm is the same:
the wind, the rain, the burn.

*********************************************



"You can tell by the lines in my smile that I have been around for a while." Incubus Smile Lines

"Black rain, black rain, don't catch me low and cover the sinner sun. Black rain, black rain, where can I go when you leave me nowhere to run?" AA Bondy Black Rain, Black Rain

No comments: