Friday, May 15, 2015

Enough

Out from the darkness,
you appeared.
Hope for the hopeless,
your warm hands neared,
shooed away the loneliness
for so long I had feared.
Your touch led me to acquiesce;
my hazy head now cleared.

"Beautiful," you called me.
Your eyes said you were true.
You sang to me about the bees,
the sun, the sky so blue:
such perfect, precious melodies
could only come from you.
In tune, I found my clarity
and heard your heart beat too.

Now, I want to be your air;
I want to fill you up.
This stillness is so sweet and rare;
I pray it never stops
So sing to me so fine and fair;
my verses are still rough.
I just want us to stay right where
I'll always be enough.


*********************************************************



"So every breath stung more and more, a wave of whips across my spine, a billion bees trapped in my chest, nails on chalkboard every time 'til I watched your fingers sneak towards mine. I heard your breath go thin and short. I tucked your hair behind your ears and watched your eyes dart back and forth." Kevin Devine A Billion Bees

"You couldn't be more beautiful to me. There's no where in this world I'd rather be and now I know that everything's all right If we stay between the glow and the light." Jump, Little Children Dim and the Dark

No comments: