Friday, May 01, 2015

Unsaid

Sometimes I wake
in the middle on the night
and I almost say to you
what we promised
would remain
unsaid.
Like a black incantation,
the syllables would force
the ground to shake beneath us.
Curse us,
back to us in threes,
bring us to our knees.

Still, the words fight
for freedom,
but I keep them locked
behind enamel bars.
My heart pounds
in her cage,
in a rage,
crying to be heard.
But I hold my breath
and I bite my tongue
and I toss and I turn
and I want and I wait.

**************************************





"They're spitting at the earth, plunder, beg, and curse..." Colour Revolt Moses of the South

"Drink up baby, look at the stars. I'll kiss you again between the bars." Elliott Smith Between the Bars

 
"My ribs have parted ways. They said, 'We're not going to protect this heart you have.'" Saves the Day You Vandal

No comments: