Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Semantic Compromise

My words are in your eyes,
but now my tongue is tied.
The clock on my wall lied;
it told me poetry is time.
Regardless, now you're mine
and there is no other side,
no other love tested and tried,
confessed or cried
that so terrified
or left you paralyzed.
Breathlessly confide
the truths you know I’ll hide:
a mistake, a disguise,
a blameless broken bride,
a history revised,
a semantic compromise
and soon, the sun will rise

and I’ll still be in your skies.

****************************************************






“I long to take you to a secret place where we could lay aside our past. We'd throw the world away with all it's pain to shine like stars through storm and clouds and rain. Faces in disguise, not a trace of desire…” Sunny Day Real Estate Faces in Disguise

No comments: