Friday, January 23, 2015

Clean Escape

I can't hear a thing,
through this fuzzy sound.
My ears, they still ring
and I can't find the ground.
Swirling and shaking
with my head in my hands,
the mess that I'm making,
no one else understands.
High above the cityscape
and miles from my pen,
"Perhaps I've made a clean escape,"
I wonder now and then.
But strangled is my honesty
and staggered are my thoughts.
Nothing makes much sense to me
and now I know I'm caught.
I'm trapped between your letters
and I'm lost within your lines,
but I think I think much better
when I have you on my mind.

*************************************









"You point to wisdom in a snow storm and all the drawbacks of the reborn, but then you talk of new experience and all the benefits of staying warm. You say there's poems on the front line. I guess I lost you on the back nine. I'm mixing metaphors with overtures and drowning out your memory in moonshine. But I'll decide when it's on my mind, when it's on my mind. I'll decide when it's on my mind, when it's on my mind." The Miracle of '86 When it's on My Mind


"From time to time, you cross my mind. Good company Is hard to find. From time to time, you cross my mind. So stay with me just for a night." Twin Forks Cross My Mind

No comments: