Thursday, January 29, 2015

Closer

Sometimes my lungs don't work
so I choke on my own voice.
The rattling in my brain
is so loud
it could shake the earth
to sand.
I can't keep tabs
on time anymore.
It floats away from me
and up to the stars;
no watch on my wrist
can keep it.
I just need the ground
not to quake underneath
and the sky
not to glow red.
I need your fingers through my hair.
I need you so much closer.

*************************************************










"I'm calling from your house, in your room, in your name, lying in your bed, following your dreams. I listen to your voice get caught in my throat as I sing, 'This Is Just A Dream.'" Thursday Tomorrow, I'll Be You

"A question of space, a matter of time: I follow the stars until the first light." City and Colour Of Space and Time

"You can quake at the thought of it, shakes you up quite a bit. And all you do is think and thinking gets you nowhere." Balance and Composure Quake

"The sky is bleeding; the fog is thicker than walls. She's wrapped up in it like cloth on a wrecking ball." Radical Face Winter is Coming

"The distance is quite simply much too far for me to row. It seems farther than ever before - oh no - I need you so much closer." Death Cab for Cutie Transatlanticism

No comments: