Friday, January 30, 2015

The Sun Whispered a Secret

I went searching for sincerity 
and I started in the stars.
Up here, the words came clear to me.
I heard the song was ours.
The sun whispered a secret,
made me promise not to tell.
I told him I would keep it
safe and sound and well.
A wonder I could not have known,
but for the heat of his breath
that proved to me I'm not alone:
not in life, nor in death.
So, now I have my answer
and now I know my part
and when my eyes begin to blur,
I'll call it heaven's art.

*****************************************












"If I look up and the sky's not there, is there any reason that I should be scared? When a promise is a promise, I know." Pedro the Lion Promise

"They took your life apart and called you failure's art." Elliott Smith Tomorrow, Tomorrow

No comments: