Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Couplets and Limericks

She's scared for you to know
and scared for you to see
who she was long ago,
from whom she tried to flee.
Please do not lift the veil
or make a move too fast.
She'll shake from head to tail.
She'll never let it last.
Couplets and limericks,
she hides behind so well.
Unhinging rhetoric,
a story she could sell.
Her scars still sing her song
more than you'll ever hear
and though she knows it's wrong,
they'll never disappear.
Keep holding to her hand.
Don't let her run away.
You're more than she had planned;
she's better off this way.

**********************************************







"I tried to catch you in a couplet on my 4-track today, but my tongue tied, my tongue tied. I couldn't figure how to fit you on the spin and the tape. See, my tongue tied, my tongue tied." Kevin Devine Like Cursing Kids

"It's not even love any more. It's just a claim upon my soul." - Frank Turner Tell Tale Signs

No comments: