Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Bird's Song

I walked through my days
as if the hours were liars
and I stuck to my path
without a purpose.
I thought I knew your name,
Love.
I thought I knew your face.
I thought I knew the bird's song.


With rough hands
and soft eyes,
I was pulled from behind
the shadows.
Darkness is light
and time is poetry
and I didn't know I was lost at all
until you came and found me.
*******************************





"Throw it all away, in the course of one day. Why can't you just go outside?" Hot Rod Circuit Irish Car Bomb

"In the shadows, the name is unknown to me." Sunny Day Real Estate Shadows


"Sew it on. Face the fool. December's tragic drive when time is poetry and, stolen, the world outside, the waiting could crush my heart." Sunny Day Real Estate Seven

No comments: