Friday, January 23, 2015

Spectrum

We all travel on a spectrum
from dark to light to dark.
We're all searching for affection.
We're all looking for our mark.
But there is dusk and there is dawn
and there are rainy days and dew
and, in my head, there is a song
implanted there by you.

The sun can see us too
even when we're in our caverns:
a love, anew,
our phases and our patterns.
When the warm rays brush my cheek
like the fingers on your hand,
I can't find the words to speak;
yet I know you understand.

************************************************





"Then there was music and wonderful roses, they tell me, in sweet fragrant meadows of dawn and dew." The Beatles Till There was You

"So will you come back to my corner? Spent too long alone tonight. Would you come brighten my corner? A lit torch to the woodpile - aye. Come find me now where I hide and we'll speak in our secret tongues." Frightened Rabbit Woodpile

"And when you realize it's a pattern and not a phase, it's what you've become and it's what you will stay, that's ballgame." Kevin Devine Ballgame

"So what if it's freezing, I'm awake and I'm happy. The sun's steepling its shards on my floor." Kevin Devine Splitting Up Christmas

No comments: