Monday, February 02, 2015

A Ballad

I used to be terrified
of blank sheets of paper.
The kings and the queens,
the heroes and the unseen
did not exist
in my dimension.
There was only
nothingness
and words, at best,
were strangers.
I couldn't see the beauty
within the texture;
I couldn't smell the sweetness
of the ink...
the means to an end
and the rub on my mind.

So, I found a cloud
on which to float
who was disguised
as a song.
She sang of the stars
and of the shadows 
and of the snow.
She sang of the love
she could see 
far below.
She sang
with fiery fervor.
Her lightning burned
my wooden walls to the ground.
So, I promised her
a ballad.

****************************************************







This, always: 


"Let's be strangers tonight. Let's talk in whispers and in sighs. We are calmly growing cold and tired of all the promises and lies." The New Frontiers Strangers

"And I spent my evenings pulling stars out of the sky and I'd arrange them on the lawn where I would lie and, in the wind, I'd taste the dreams of distant lives and I would dress myself up in them through the night..." Radical Face The Mute

"I once loved a girl, her skin it was bronze with the innocence of a lamb. She was gentle like a fawn. I courted her proudly but now she is gone. Gone as the season she’s taken..." Bob Dylan Ballad in Plain D

No comments: