Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Sweeter Rhyme

I think I'm saying something serious.
I think I'd like to let you know,
but I'm a little bit delirious
and I'm hoping it won't show.
You see, I know your song
and it's stuck inside my head.
It's been there for so long
and it's kind of like you read
my mind or know be better
than I think I know myself.
So, I'm writing you this letter,
hope it finds you in good heath.

I know I stutter and I hesitate
and I falter and I cry
and I do not mean to tempt our fate
and I never meant to lie,
but I think I now know who you are
and I'm trying not to shout.
Even from so very far,
I do not have a doubt. 
Let me see your face this time
and let me say your name.
Let me write a sweeter rhyme
that sings us both the same.

*******************************************







"You remind me of a song I used to love." JamisonParker Your Song

"I'm gonna write you a letter. I'm gonna write you a book. I wanna see your reaction. I wanna see how it looks." Guster Amsterdam

"When I say, 'No one talks to me like you.' She says, 'They don't know you like I do.'"  Kevin Devine She Can See Me

No comments: