Thursday, February 12, 2015

This Place is Ours

My figures
in your hair,
lust lingers
through the glare,
come closer
and we’ll dance,
slower,
in a trance.
Bring me in;
don’t let go.
Under my skin,
already know.
I want you here
in this dream,
always near,
in between.
Never wake
and never want:
what we make,
we’ll need to flaunt.
Under the stars,
where we’ll be found,
this place is ours;
so keep it sound.

********************************





"I'm looking at you through a wine glass. I'm watching the light play games with your face. I'm tracing your mouth with my fingers. I'm trying to pick up your taste. And will you dance for me?" Kevin Devine Fingerprints and Photographs

"Pinned to your seat, practice circular breathing. Look down at the clouds, where you'll be, where you're leaving. Between. You are always in-between." Kevin Devine A Story, A Sneak

"Drink up baby, look at the stars. I'll kiss you again between the bars." Elliott Smith Between the Bars

No comments: